Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2016

Jesus, our continuous gift


1 John 4:15-16Revised Standard Version (RSV)

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 So we know and believe the love God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 
https://www.biblegateway.com

   I AM the gift that continuously gives - bounteously, with no strings attached. Unconditional Love is such a radical concept that even My most devoted followers fail to grasp it fully. Absolutely nothing in heaven or on earth can cause Me to stop loving you. You may feel more loved when you are performing according to your expectations. But My Love for you is perfect; therefore it is not subject to variation. What does vary is your awareness of My loving Presence.
   When you are dissatisfied with your behavior, you tend to feel unworthy of my Love. You may unconsciously punish yourself by withdrawing from Me and attributing the distance between us to My displeasure. Instead of returning to Me and receiving My Love, you attempt t earn my approval by trying harder. All the while, I am aching to hold you in My everlasting arms, to enfold you in My Love. When you are feeling unworthy or unloved, come to Me. Then ask for receptivity to My unfailing Love.

I JOHN 4:15-18; DEUTERONOMY 33:27; PSALM 13:5

Young, Sarah. Jesus Calling. Nashville: Thomas Nelson. page 377.

No comments:

Post a Comment