Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

rejection: facing rejection? How to overcome rejection!



Do You Want to Be Well?”
 “… there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda...
   Here a great number of disabled people used to lie--the blind, the lame, the paralyzed.
   One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years.
   When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, ‘Do you want to get well?’
   ‘Sir,’ the invalid replied, ‘I have no one to help me...’" John 5 (Does this sound like rejection?)

    According to Dr. Charles Solomon in his book, The Ins and Out of Rejection, “The way out of a discouraged, defeated, and/or psychologically disturbed life is the way of the cross.”
Some of the chapter titles from The Ins and Out of Rejection, are Rejection: A Family Thing, The Aftermath of Rejection, A Life In Turmoil, Dynamics of Deliverance, Dynamics of Death/Resurrection, Dealing With Regression and the Adversary.
Dr. Solomon explains when, why and how our dysfunctional coping skills began. This is a foundational book that explains the theory, terms and practice of the “Exchanged Life.”

Rejection

How can I recover from rejection in my life?
1 Peter 5:8 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.
Don’t try to deal with rejection by yourself. Bring your concerns to God.

John 14:15-26 …when the Father sends the Counselor as my representative - and by the Counselor I mean the Holy Spirit - he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I myself have told you.
Invite the Holy Spirit into your life. Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would stay with us forever.

Romans 8:38 I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love.
Remember that, though others may reject us, nothing can separate us from God's love!

Will God ever reject me?
John 4:1-26 …Jesus replied, "If you only know the gift God has for you and who I am, you would ask me, and I would give you living water!"…
Jesus did not reject the sinful Samaritan woman, but rather offered her living water.

John 8:1-11 …"Didn't even one of them condemn you?" "No, Lord," she said. And Jesus said, "Neither do I. Go and sin no more."
God rejects the sin without rejecting the sinner.

John 6:37 "…those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them."
The Lord accepts all who come to him in faith.

PROMISE FROM GOD
Hebrews 13:5 …For God has said, "I will never fail you. I will never forsake you." "Touch Points, God's Answers For Your Daily Needs" Tyndale House Publishers page 240-241


No comments:

Post a Comment