Search This Blog

Friday, July 10, 2015

Evidence of brokenness, God's unconditional love

The Evidence of Brokenness

   Brokenness is evident when the believer no longer reacts with his previous flesh patterns when the following rights are challenged:

All of my rights have been surrendered.
I am willing to be out of control.
I am not believing in or living by feelings or old patterns, but by Christ within.
I am obedient out of a love motive because I want to, not because I have to.
I am not performing for God but I am actively letting Christ perform in and through me.
I am willing to fail.
I am willing to be weak.
I have a sense of total inadequacy in self-strength (2 Corinthians 3:5).
I have a sense of adequacy in Christ through His strength (Philippians 4:13; 2 Corinthians 3:6).
I recognize God's power in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:10).
I am depending upon Christ to meet my basic inner needs: acceptance, meaning and purpose, identity, power over sin, strength and victory.
I am trusting God whatever and resting in Him even with external turmoil.
I am seeking Christ Himself more than His benefits.
I am forgiving of all (Ephesians 4:32).
I am willing to be rejected.
I am transparent and willing to share failures.
I am vulnerable and willing to share failures.
There is a readiness to let others receive the credit.
There is genuine humility.
I am placing value upon those who have little or no value to myself.
There is a readiness to affirm (build up) others.
I am teachable.
I am willing to be misunderstood.
I am willing to be broken again.


I asked God to take away my pride and God said, "No." He said it was not for Him to take away but for me to give up.

I asked God to make my physical body whole, my handicapped child whole, and God said, "No." He said the body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience and God said, "No." He said patience is a by-product of tribulation. It isn't granted, it's earned.

I asked God to give me happiness and God said, "No." He said He gives His blessings. Happiness is up to me.

I asked God to spare me from pain and God said, "No." He said sufferings draw you apart from worldly cares and bring you closer to Him.

I asked God to make my spirit grow and God said, "No." He said I must grow on my own, but He will prune me to make me fruitful.

I asked God if He loved me, and God said, "Yes." He gave His only Son who died for me, and I will be in heaven someday because I believe.

I asked God to help me love others as much as He loves me and God said, "Now, you finally have the right idea."

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me.
Psalm 138:8

TREASURES


One by one he took them from me,
All the things I valued most,
Until I was empty-handed.
Every glittering toy was lost.
Then I walked earth's highway grieving,
In my rags and poverty,
Till I heard my Lord inviting--
Lift your empty hands to me.
So, I held my hands toward heaven,
And He filled them with a store
Of His own transcendent riches,
Till they could contain no more.
Then, at last, I comprehended
With my feeble mind and dull
That God could not pour his riches
Into Hands Already Full.

(Author Unknown)

Blackmon, Selma, editor. The Exchanged Life News. Volume 3 Issue 8. February 23, 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment