Search This Blog

Friday, July 3, 2015

The principle, purpose, process and problem of brokenness

BROKENNESS
Principle
  God must break my outward man (soul and five senses of the body), so that the inward man (His Spirit) may be manifest through me; so that I may receive from Him and display His very life in me (II Corinthians 4:10).
  Truly, truly I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains by itself alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
  He who loves his life loses it: and he who hates his life in this world shall keep it to life eternal
(John 12:24,25) Luke 17:35; Luke 9:23,24; Mark 8:35; Matthew 10:39
…There came a woman with an alabaster vial of very costly perfume of pure nard; and she broke the vial and poured it over His head (Mark 14:3).
  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels (II Corinthians 4:7).

Purpose
  For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son (Romans 8:29). My Father has dedicated Himself to the task of conforming me to the image of Christ. He who began His good work in me will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6).
  I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection...and the fellowship of His suffering, being conformed to His death (Philippians 3:10).
  Now, those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires (Galatians 5:24). However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit (Romans 8:9); Let us also walk by the Spirit (Galatians 5:25).
  His purpose is to allow the Holy Spirit to control my mind, will, and emotion. For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifest in our mortal flesh (II Corinthians 4:11).

Process
  But his wife, from behind him, looked back; and she became a pillar of salt (Genesis 19:26). What has become life to me? I continue to use my old ways of satisfying my need for love and acceptance, but God desires that I look to Him as my Source, and for Him to supply all my needs. God lovingly begins to draw me unto Himself and away from my false gods, object of trust, or idols, from which I seek to get my needs supplied.
  The instruments God can use in my life are: husband or wife, father or son, mother or daughter, friend, boss, health, finances, etc. Often He allows something in my life that my flesh cannot handle or control in order to break me. He will allow my old ways not to work (we are all reluctant to give up on our old ways that have worked for us). He wants me to turn from leaning on the trustworthiness of my talent, my attractive appearance, my spiritual gift, my intelligence, my position, my popularity, my good job, my financial security, my good marriage, my obedient kids…these can give me a sense of security and significance.
  God has to allow some of the all things of Romans 8:28 to come in to my life. He never causes it, but He allows it, and His purpose is love. He is totally committed to my well-being. The all things are designed to bring me (the believer) to the end of my self-sufficiency.
  I enter into a relationship of oneness with Him; I am a participant in the Lord Jesus Christ. He wants me in a loving, dependent relationship. He hates independence. He spends the rest of my life getting my walk and my talk congruent with His: And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength (Mark 12:3).
  This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far away from Me (Matthew 15:8). I must be willing for God to show me the truth about myself. I can be prideful, rebellious, and stubborn, and refuse to repent, or I can humbly bow my head and say, Yes, Lord.
  Simon, son of John, do you love Me? Yes, Lord: You know that I love You (John 21: 15-17).
  Lord, with You, I am ready to go both to prison and to death (Luke 22:33).
  …And he wept bitterly…(Luke 22:56-62).
  He always had the very nature of God but He did not think that by force He should try to become equal with God. Of His own free will He gave it all up and took the very nature of a servant. He was willing to have no rights of His own. He went humbly to the cross. There He was broken for me (Philippians 2:5-8).

Problem
  Jonah 4


Resources
Lifetime Guarantee, Bill Gillham,  pages 167-186
The Calvary Road, Roy  Hession, pages 21-26
Born Crucified, L.E. Maxwell, page 87
The Release of the Spirit, Watchman Nee
The Handbook to Happiness, Charles Solomon, pages 34, 35, 81
The Ins and Out of Rejection, Charles Solomon, pages 154-171

Brokenness, audio tapes, Dr. Charles Stanley

Blackmon, Selma, editor. The Exchanged Life News.

No comments:

Post a Comment