Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"The Ins and Out of REJECTION" by Charles R. Solomon

the ins and out of REJECTION
By Charles R. Solomon, Ed. D.

“When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?” John 5:6

Jesus Christ is the only one who can meet all our needs.
John 14:6   In part one of this book, the author describes the behavior of people who have not had their inner need for security and unconditional love met.
Acceptance
Oh, to know acceptance
In a feeling sort of way;
To be known for what I am-
Not what I do or say.
It’s nice to be loved and wanted
For the person I seem to be,
But my heart cries out to be loved
For the person who is really me!

To be able to drop all the fronts
And share with another my fears,
Would bring such relief to my soul,
Though accompanied by many tears.
When I find this can be done
Without the pain of rejection,
Then will my joy be complete
And feelings toward self know correction.

The path to feeling acceptance of God,
Is paved with acceptance on earth;
Being valued by others I love
Enhances my own feeling of worth.
Oh, the release and freedom He gives
As I behold His wonderful face –
As Jesus makes real my acceptance in Him,
And I learn the true meaning of grace.
A pity it is that so late we find
His love need not be earned;
As we yield to Him all manner of strife
A precious truth has been learned.
Then, as we share with others who search
For love, acceptance, and rest;
They’ll find in us the Savior’s love.
And experience the end of their quest.
C.R. Solomon

The way out of a discouraged defeated, and/or psychologically disturbed life is the way of the cross-Galatians 2:20; 
Journey to the End of Self

When I cam to Jesus
For the cleansing of my sin, (John 3:3)
My heart was set at peace
As the Saviour came within. (2 Cor. 5:17)

Looking to His promise
Of a life of victory, (2 Cor. 2:14)
My faith was sadly taxed
As I struggled to be free. (Rom. 7:24, 25)

The burdens that I bore
Were heavier day by day;
It seemed God didn’t care (Ps. 142:4)
As I labored in the way.

I searched for other means
For relief from trials sore;
No comfort could I find
And I yielded to Him more. (Rom. 12:1)

My Lord had heard my cry; (Ps. 142)
And began to guide my way; (Ps. 37:5)
Tho’ comfort was not giv’n
He refused to let my stray.

My strength was well nigh gone,
And continued to decrease;
Until there was no more
And He gave to me His peace. (John 14:27)

My heart was filled with peace
That passeth understanding; (Phil. 4:6.7)
I knelt in heartfelt awe
My soul was not demanding.

Tho’ pain had been my lot, (Phil. 1:29,30)
In His suffering I was blest; (Phil. 3:10)
Crucified with Christ, (Gal. 2:20)
I have found in Him my rest. (Matt. 11:28,29)
C. R. Solomon

Self or flesh is at enmity with God. It cannot be changed; it cannot be improved. The only proper place for it is death at the cross… So long as the self-life has the place of dominance, the habitual manner of behavior will remain a part of our lives…When Christ is in control we’re victorious. When self or flesh returns to control, we’re defeated. Satan can only oppress us while we are controlled by self. He cannot defeat the life of Christ in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment