Most of us with problems wish we could change our circumstances, family, work situation or spouse. It must be someone else, Lord; surely you do not mean me!
As the song said, “Not my brother, not my sister, but it’s me, Oh Lord, standing in the need of prayer.”
Someone else or something else may not change, but we have a Savior who does not need to change and has already acted decisively and dramatically by sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to live, die and rise from the dead, just for you. The following benefits are just a few of the many you received from your heavenly Father:
1) You have been forgiven and made righteous (Rom. 5:1).
2) You died with Christ to the power of sin in your life (Rom. 6:1-7).
3) You are free from condemnation (Rom. 8:1).
4) You have become united with Christ by God’s doing (1 Cor. 1:30).
5) You have received the Spirit of God into your life that you might know the things freely given to you by God (1 Cor. 2:12).
6) You have been given the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16).
7) You have been bought with a price. You are not your own; you now belong to God (1 Cor. 6:19,20).
8) You have been established, anointed and sealed by God in Christ and have been given the spirit as a pledge, guaranteeing your inheritance to come (2 Cor. 1:21, 22; Eph. 1:13,14).
9) You have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer you who live, but Christ lives in you (Gal. 2:20).
10) You have been made complete in Christ (Col. 2:10).
11) You have been blessed with every spiritual blessing (Eph. 1:3).
12) You have been redeemed and forgiven, and you are a recipient of His lavish grace (Eph. 1:7,8).
13) You have been made alive together with Christ (Eph. 2:5).
14) You have been raised up and seated with Christ in the heavenly places (Eph. 2:6).
15) Your life in now hidden with Him in God, and Christ is now your life (Col. 3:1-4).
We do not have to plead for God to do something about our problem. God has done something. We can rest in the finished work of Christ. It is our choice to believe what He has done for us and start walking by faith according to what He says is true.
How is your walk today?
Excerpts from One Day at a Time Mike/Julia Quarles page168-9
Who is the answer?
“Not my brother, not my sister, but it’s me, Oh Lord, standing in the need of prayer.”