Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

The cross of Christ has two sides

“May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.” Galatians 6:14

Doublecross
You Died in Christ         Christ Lives in You
   The Cross of Christ has two sides. Christ died for you for the forgiveness of the sin of Adam and the sins we commit (I Cor. 15:3; Eph. 1:7-8; Col. 1:14; 1 Jn. 2:2). The first half, the blood side, of the cross only deals with sin, sin singular or the sin of Adam and sins plural, or the sins we commit. He shed His blood for the forgiveness of sin. This side deals with my behavior. Christ died for us.
   The second side is the body side. Christ has joined His spirit with our spirit. We are dead to ourselves as our point of reference. In our spirit, we experienced with Christ what He experienced; we died with Him and we were raised with Him. This side deals with my identity. Christ lives in us.


“This man was handed over to you by God’s set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.” Acts 2:23-24

 “When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.” Colossians 2:13-14 

“…anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.” Matthew 10:38

“…If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.” Luke 9:23

Resources:
4  My Identity in Christ the Advocate Series Booklet 6
4  Our True Identity in Christ by Dr. Charles Stanley InTouch Ministries
4  The Blood of the Cross by Andrew Murray
4  The Calvary Road by Roy Hession
4  The Rest of the Gospel by Dan Stone and       Greg Smith
4  Victorious In Christ the Advocate Series   Booklet 5


No comments:

Post a Comment