Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Satisfaction: my needs met in Christ

“Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalms 37:4

Satisfaction: to fulfill the needs or desires.

What needs to happen for me to be fulfilled, content, at peace, and full of joy?
What have you done, or where have you looked, to try to attain a sense of peace, fulfillment and satisfaction?

Could you name your desires? How would your desires bring you closer to God? What are you willing to give up to have the desires of your heart? Our desires reveal who we are. Can you write them out?

“….pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.” 2 Tim. 2:22

You created me God, what is your will/desire for my life? We cannot have the desires of the heart apart from a personal relationship with Jesus.

This is a divine promise with human responsibilities. These responsibilities are:
Ø  “Delight self in the Lord” the pleasure in knowing Him, talking, serving, aware of His presence. God have I been delighting self in you or me?
Ø  “Commit your way to Lord.” This means transferring your desire to God.
Ø  “Trust in Him.” I believe in His faithfulness.
Ø  “Rest in the Lord.” My desire is placed in His hand. God will work it out. I can go about daily life with complete confidence and peace. Wait patiently; with a strong desire I want answers now; wait without murmuring, criticizing, manipulating. Watch how God operates. It takes strength to wait for God’s timetable especially on my strong desire. Does God not know when we are best ready? The desire and timing come from Him. Can I present a strong desire to God and know in His time it will come about?
Manipulation always leads to:
Ø  Disappointment
Ø  Pain
Ø  Loss
Ø  And more

Before getting out of bed think “Father, I want to thank you. You are giving me the desires of my heart. Today I am going to delight myself in you. Today I am going to commit everything to you. I put my trust in you. I am going to rest in the fact you are my heavenly Father and have everything under control. I am going to wait for your perfect timing to give me the desires of my heart.”
Wake up with commitment to delight self in the Lord. The result will be different in each of us.
At the end of the day, look back and reflect on how God has worked.
You decide, do you want your desires or God’s desires?
Thank you for giving me what you know I desired not what I thought I desired.”

source The Desires of Your Heart Dr. Charles Stanley sermon December 31, 2000 MX310



No comments:

Post a Comment